- 1 2022 Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity By Engine
- 2 2022 Land Rover Defender Towing Features
- 3 What You Can Tow With The Land Rover Defender
- 4 Land Rover Defender Towing FAQs
The Defender towing capacity of 2022 is 8,201 pounds, but there are variations among versions.
We recognise how critical it is to be aware of your vehicle’s capabilities and limitations, particularly if you’re thinking about a ground-breaking, frontier-pushing SUV like the Defender.
That’s why we’ve outlined everything you need to know about the upper bounds and accessible engines for this model!
2022 Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity By Engine
It should come as no surprise that the 2022 Land Rover Defender has a variety of powerful engines available given its extreme adaptability and towing capacity.
You can be confident that your Land Rover Defender will have plenty of power for your Boca Raton trips, regardless of the engine type you choose.
Let’s go through the 2022 Land Rover Defender towing capacity and its performance specifications for each engine to aid you in your research:
2.0L P300 I4 Gasoline Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716-pound
- Generates 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
- Standard on Defender base trim
- 17 mpg city/20 mpg highway
- Top speed of 119 mph
- 0-60 in 7.7 seconds
3.0L P400 I6 Gasoline Mhev Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716-pound (available 8,201-pound towing capacity for Defender 110)
- Generates 395 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Standard on Defender X through Dynamic S
- 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway
- Top speed of 119 mph or 129 mph with 22-inch wheels
- 0-60 in 5.8 seconds
5.0L P525 V8 Gasoline Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716 pounds
- Generates 518 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Standard on Defender V8 and Defender V8 Carpathian Edition
2022 Land Rover Defender Towing Features
Alongside a variety of top-quality engines, and choices to help you achieve your 2022 Land Rover Defender towing capacity This premium SUV includes a range of safety and towing features designed to provide greater control and stability while you tow around Parkersburg. A few of these towing features and driver assistance include:
- Advanced Tow Assist adjusts counter-steering and shows the direction of the trailer while in reverse.
- Hill Launch Control as well as Gradient Release Control helps you pull up an inclined slope without the worry of your vehicle rolling forward.
- All-Wheel-Drive with Electronic Traction Control– Adjusts to slippery, wet and uneven terrain to ensure traction.
- Twin-speed Transmission provides better control when off-roading.
- Configurable Terrain Response This feature is exclusive to this class. It lets you customize the steering differentials, powertrains, and traction control settings.
- Terrain Response 2. Automatic Mode matches the program for terrain to the actual Wheeling Driving Conditions.
- Electronic Active Differential regulates the distribution of power to all four wheels in order to improve traction.
- ClearSight’s Ground View Cameras stream to your main screen in order to keep out of any roadblocks while off-roading.
- All-Terrain Progress Control – Sets your speed to ensure you are moving in the tough off-road terrain.
What You Can Tow With The Land Rover Defender
- Single-axle camper
- Bass boat
- Small Sailboat
- Medium Sailboat
- Jet skis
Land Rover Defender Towing FAQs
What weight can a Land Rover Defender tow?
2021 Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity
The two-door Defender 90 models typically are able to tow 716 pounds even with the P400 i6 engine option. Its Defender 90 First Edition is the only exception, able to reach the limit of 8,201 pounds using its P400 i6 engine.
Is a Defender good for towing?
In the current interpretation of an iconic British iconic model, the new generation Land Rover Defender was never likely to satisfy all. However, in terms of towing, the Defender is not just a great towing vehicle, it may be the most powerful heavy-duty haulier in Land Rover’s collection.
Can a Defender tow a caravan?
No matter which of the launch engine options you select, the legal towing limit is 3500kg. The maximum download limit on the ball can be 150kg. Since the maximum download for an Al-Ko hitch can be 100kg, it’s enough to tow caravans. The Defender is available in two sizes. Defender is available in two sizes, the 90 and 110
What can a 110 Defender tow?
- Defender equipped with 2.0L P300 i4 GAS: up 716 pounds (Defender 90 and 110)
- Defender equipped with 3.0L P400 i6 MHEV: up 7.716lbs (Defender 90) or 8,201 pounds (Defender 110)
- Defender equipped with 5.0L P525 V8 GASS up to 7,716 kg (Defender 100 or 110)
For more information visit The official website