- 1 2020 Dodge Journey Towing: Engine Specs
- 2 2020 Dodge Journey Towing Features
- 3 Dodge Journey Cargo Capacity
- 4 Dodge Journey Towing Capacity FAQs
If you’re looking for a family-friendly SUV that is able to carry everything you need to make your next adventure unforgettable The 2020 Dodge Journey towing capacity is a perfect fit for your wish list.
The Dodge Journey Towing Capacity of up to 1000 pounds the powerful vehicle offers sufficient to store your cargo and towing capability to get up and go, opening the doors to endless entertainment.
Let’s see how much be towable by the Dodge Journey tow and the towing features that make it possible.
2020 Dodge Journey Towing: Engine Specs
Are you looking for the most flexible minivan or crossover that money will buy for your trips in Waukee? You’re probably thinking whether how much the Dodge Journey towing capacity is somewhere in when you’re deciding between trim levels, and interior and exterior colors.
We’re here to assist you! We’re here to help! Journey SUV is driven by an ordinary 2.4L I4 engine that gives it the ability to pull at least 1,000 pounds and also deliver up to an E.P. estimated 19 MPG for city driving and 25 MPG of fuel efficiency. Want to know more? Below are Dodge Journey engine specs:
2.4L I4 Engine:
- It is paired with a four-speed auto transmission.
- It has 173 horsepower and 166 lb-ft of torque.
- Delivers up to 19 MPG City/ 25 MPG Highway EPA-Estimated Fuel Efficiency
- It boasts a capacity of 1,000 pounds towing.
It doesn’t matter if you prefer to stay on Adel freeways or are contemplating your next adventure far from West Des Moines, the Dodge Journey has the power efficiency, speed, and towing capacity that you require to get it done.
- 2020, 2019, 2018 2017 and 2016 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011 2010, and 2009 journeys that used the 2.4L engine could tow a capacity of up to 1,000 pounds.
- 2019, 2018, 2017 2016, 2015, 2014and 2013, and 2011 journeys that utilized the 3.6L engine could tow a capacity of between 1500 and 2,500 lbs.
- Journeys from 2010 and 2009 with the 3.5L engine could tow 2,500-3,500 pounds. (with trailer packages) and 1,000-2,000 pounds. (w/o package)
- 2009 Journeys equipped with the 2.7L engine could tow a capacity of 1,000 to 3,000 pounds. (with the trailer kit) and 1,000-2,000 pounds. (w/o package)
2020 Dodge Journey Towing Features
The Dodge Journey towing capacity isn’t only about strength alone: It’s equipped with the latest towing options and technologies to ensure extra security and safety throughout Dyersburg. Don’t worry about the weight you’re carrying because of:
- trailer Sway Control: This standard system prevents your trailer from shifting because of uneven roads. By strategically applying brake pressure this system helps keep your trailer with Brownsville roads.
- Improved traction controls accessible AWD system: in Dodge Journey makes it easy to traverse snow, rain, and rough terrain, without worrying about losing grip or sliding across roads.
- Antilock Brakes: This brakes system can keep your vehicle in check and safe regardless of the weather.
- Electronic Stability Control: This technology adapts according to the conditions of the wind and on the road to help keep your trailer steady.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation: This system ensures that your vehicle is in the correct lane by automatically applying brakes to stop the wheel lift and limit the risk of a crash.
Dodge Journey Cargo Capacity
If you’re planning on packing for a long family trip A Dodge Journey can be a great help because of its massive cargo capacity.
The vehicle comes with fold-away back seats that allow you to easily increase the size of your cargo depending on the size you require to accommodate longer items of luggage.
Take the following look at the possible capacity for cargo:
- In the Third Row: 10.7 cubic feet
- Behind the Second Row: 37 cubic feet
- Behind the First Row: 67.6 cubic feet
You’ll also have a great amount of room for passengers, with a total volume that is 124 cubic feet. It’s enough space for up to seven people and you’ll not have any trouble bringing all your family members.
Dodge Journey Towing Capacity FAQs
How much will a Dodge Journey tow?
3.6L Pentastar(r) V6
Its V6 motor can pull up to 2,500 pounds. This means you can haul any type of vehicle from an ordinary vessel to an ATV for weekend adventures.
Can I put a hitch on my Dodge Journey?
Hitch Recommendation For 2017 Dodge Journey AWD. Dodge Journey AWD Your 2017 Dodge Journey is one of the cars for which two kinds of hitches are available, one being a smaller 1-1/4″ Class II hitch, and a 2-inch class III. In these situations, we recommend always the 2-inch model since it is compatible with a wider range of… read the full answer..
How much weight can a 2020 Dodge Journey tow?
What size camper can a Dodge Journey pull?
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013 SXT (2.4l): 1,000 lbs. 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 SXT (3.6l): 1,500-2,500 lbs. 2010 and 2009 SXT (3.5l): 1,000-3,500 lbs. 2019, 2018 and 2017 GT (3.6l): 1,500-2,500 lbs
Can you add a hitch to a Dodge Journey?
Every class 3 custom-fit hitch is created to fit the specific vehicle. This particular model is compatible with certain models of Dodge Journey (see application details to determine compatibility with the vehicle). It can carry a weight of 4,000lbs. GTW and 400 pounds.
For more information visit the official website