- 1 Towing Capacity of the Ford F650
- 2 f650 Engine Specifications
- 3 Safety and Driver Assistance Features
- 4 Evaluation of Ford F650 Within the Weight
- 5 f650 towing capacity FAQs
F650 towing capacity: The 2022 Ford F-650 specifications are a great choice if you are looking for a medium-duty truck that can handle the challenges of the job site. Reach out to our team if you have any questions about the F-650 engine options or weight ratings.
If properly equipped, when properly equipped, the Ford F-650 offers a GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) that can reach 37,000 pounds, and a gross combined rating (gross combined weight rating) that is a whopping 50, 000 pounds. This signifies that the F-650 can handle extremely heavy loads.
Towing Capacity of the Ford F650
Towing capability of a truck is the highest capacity of the load that a truck can tow. This is important because it affects the performance of the truck.
It is the same as the equation The equation is: TC = GCVW-Curb weight
The maximum capacity of the Ford F650 credit is the straight model, as it is able to do so due to its smooth design. The average capacity for towing among the various models ranges from 23,000-24,000 pounds.
In the previous section, we talked about the various curb weights of various models, so TC can also vary in the same way. It always exceeds the payload.
|Ford F-650 Pro Loader (Diesel|| 22,000 – 26,000 pounds
| 50,000 pounds
|Ford F-650 Pro Loader (Gas)|| 22,000 – 26,000 pounds
| 37,000 pounds
|Ford F-650 Straight Frame (Gas)|| 26,000 – 29,000 pounds
| 37,000 pounds
|Ford F-650 Straight Frame (Diesel)|| 31,000 – 37,000 pounds
| 50,000 pounds
|Ford F-650 Tractor (Diesel)|| 27,500 – 37,000 pounds
| 50,000 pounds
f650 Engine Specifications
- Standard 6.7L PowerStroke(r) V8 diesel engine – 270 HP | 675 lb.-ft.
- Optional 6.7L PowerStroke(r) V8 diesel engine – 300 HP| 700 lb.-ft.
- Optional 6.7L PowerStroke(r) V8 diesel engine – 330 HP| 725 lb.-ft.
Transmission: Standard TorqShift(r) HD 6-speed Auto
Suspension Weight Front
- Standard 8,500-10,000 lb. Parabolic Taper-leaf Springs
- Optional 10,000- 14,000 lb. Parabolic Taper-leaf Springs
Suspension Weight Rear
- Standard 19,000-21,000 lbs. Multi-leaf Springs
- Optional 21,000-31,000 pounds.
- Optional (Diesel) 19,000 / 23,000 lbs. Air Suspension
- Cab-114.4” BBC
- SuperCab-135.4” BBC,
- Crew Cab -149.9” BBC
- Standard Standard 26,000 31,000 lbs.
- Max weight :29,000 37,000 lbs.
- Front Standard 8,500 – 10,000 lbs
- Optional 10,000-14,000 lbs.
- Rear Standard 17,500 21,000 pounds.
- Optional 19,000-26,000 pounds.
- Standard Hydraulic, with ABS Channels with 4-Channel ABS
- Additional (Diesel) Optional (Diesel) Air Brakes with ABS
- Alternator Standard 200 AMP
- Optional 220 AMP, 357AMP (dual alternators 200 amp plus 157 amp)
- Standard (2) 750 CCA
- Optional (2) 900 CCA, (3) 900 CCA
Different Factors Affecting Ford F650 Weight
- F650 Bed Size
- Cab Size
- Engine Set Up
- 2WD and 4WD
- Trim Variety
Safety and Driver Assistance Features
You can also have your truck fitted with safety features, in addition to the F-650’s impressive trailering technology. The Driver Assist Technology Package, for example, includes:
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision Warning With Brake Support
- Lane-Keeping Alert
- High-Bream Headlamps
These will all be very effective in protecting passengers, cargo, and other roads
Evaluation of Ford F650 Within the Weight
These evaluations lead Ford’s company towards popularity at the start of 2002. Let’s check these model improvements given with a decade difference involving only curb weights.
|2010||Ford Tractor F-650||9545 lbs|
|2016||Regular Cab Ford F650||9895 lbs|
|2017||SD Diesel F650 Tractor||11600 lbs|
|2018||Crew Cab F650||12500 lbs|
|2019||Diesel F650 Pro Loader||13200 lbs|
|2020||Ford Gas-Pro Loader F650||13450 lbs|
f650 towing capacity FAQs
How much can a 2022 f550 tow?
The gas and diesel models can be able to pull as much as 18,500 pounds using an ordinary hitch. Change to a 5th-wheel/gooseneck configuration for towing the maximum of 31,600 pounds using diesel, or up to 20,400 pounds when using gas.
How much can f650 tow?
Does a Ford f650 require CDL?
Do you require a CDL to operate the Ford F650? Yes, it is if you intend to use it for business purposes. It is not required, as long as you’re using it for fun and pleasure for pleasure purposes. But, the weight that you can carry on it must not exceed 26,000 pounds.
How many miles per gallon does a Ford f650 get?
Below are the gas mileage figures on these Ford Medium Duty models: Ford F-650: According to Fuelly.com information the F-650 models released between 2004 and 2017 are able to achieve an average of 7.3 MPG (combined). Ford F-750: According to Fuelly.com information the F-750 models launched in 2004-2013 receive an average figure of 7.4 MPG (combined)
How much does an F-650 cost?
If purchased new, the 2022 main F-650 models are priced according to the following 2022 Ford F-650SD Gas Pro Loader: Starting at $59,525 MSRP. 2022 Ford F-650 SD Gas Straight Frame: Starting at $60,210 MSRP. 2022 Ford F-650 SD Diesel Pro Loader: Starting at $68,770 MSRP
For more information visit their official website at