- 1 2022 GMC Yukon Towing Capacities
- 2 GMC Yukon XL Towing Capacities 2022
- 3 GMC Yukon Towing Features
- 4 GMC Yukon Towing Safety Technology
- 5 How to increase towing capacity
- 6 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2021
- 7 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2020
- 8 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2019
- 9 GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2018
- 10 GMC Yukon Towing Review
- 11 GMC Yukon Towing FAQs
- 11.1 How much can a 2022 GMC Yukon tow?
- 11.2 How much can a 2022 Yukon pull?
- 11.3 How big of a trailer can a Yukon tow?
- 11.4 Which Yukon has the highest towing capacity?
- 11.5 What is the Yukon XL Denali ultimate package?
- 11.6 you are also more related search Here.
- 11.7 For more information visit their official website at
GMC Yukon Towing Capacity: IN 2022 GMC Yukon arrives as the second model year for the most recent fifth-generation SUV, which brings only tiny changes and improvements in comparison to the previous models of 2021.
The next step is that GM Authority is to review its 2022 GMC Yukon towing capacity ratings.
The towing capability of the GMC Yukon full-size SUV ranges from 8,100 – 8,400 pounds based on the engine.
2022 GMC Yukon Towing Capacities
Before we look into the towing capabilities we should outline how 2022’s GMC Yukon’s 3 options for powertrains, which comprise two gasoline engines as well as the diesel one.
The first is a naturally-aspirated 5.3L V8 L84 gasoline engine, which is rated as 355 horses at 5,600 revs as well as 383 pounds-feet of torque at 4,100 rpm. This is then the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 L87 gasoline engine,
which is rated at 5600 rpm and 420 horsepower and the torque of 460 pounds-feet with 4,100 revolutions per minute. The final engine is an engine that is 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax with 277 horsepower at 3,750 rpm, and a torque of 460 pounds-feet at 1,500 rpm.
GMC Yukon XL Towing Capacities 2022
|Model||Drivetrain||5.3L V8 L84||6.2L V8 L87||Turbo-Diesel 3.0L I6 LM2|
|Axle Ratio||Max Trailer Weight (lbs / kg)||Axle Ratio||Max Trailer Weight (lbs / kg)||Axle Ratio||Max Trailer Weight (lbs / kg)|
|Yukon XL||2WD||3.23||7,800 / 3,538||3.23||7,600 / 3,447||3.23||8,000 / 3,629|
|Yukon XL with NHT1||2WD||3.23||8,300 / 3,765||3.23||8,100 / 3,674||3.23||8,000 / 3,629|
|Yukon XL||4WD||3.23||7,500 / 3,402||3.23||7,400 / 3,357||3.23||7,700 / 3,493|
|Yukon XL with NHT1||4WD||3.23||8,000 / 3,629||3.23||7,900 / 3,583||3.23||7,700 / 3,493|
GMC Yukon Towing Features
To reach that maximum Yukon towing capacity of 8,400 pounds, you will need be installing the Maxi Trailering Package. It includes:
- Hitch Guidance, Hitch View, and Hitch Guidance
- In-Vehicle Trailering App
- Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert
In addition, the upgraded Trailer View Package offers:
- Trailer Camera Provisions
- Trailering Assist Guidelines
- Auxiliary Trailer Camera
If not, make use of features such as the integrated brake controller for your trailer and hill descent control hill start assistance with a transfer case that has two speeds as well as a trailer sway control and many more.
GMC Yukon Towing Safety Technology
Alongside an engine that is powerful, The Yukon has a host of features that ensure you are secure while hauling goods to and from Crawfordville up to Panama City. The towing assistance is helpful and the safety features that are available in the new 2022 GMC Yukon include:
- Trailer brake control ergonomically-positioned controls are placed in front of your steering wheel, allowing you to customize the braking system of your trailer.
- Hill Start Assist This feature applies the brake for you when you switch away from your brakes to pedals while traveling on the slope.
- Trailer Sway Control StabiliTrak sensors can detect the moment when your trailer is moving and assist in correcting your course
- Class-Leading 15” Diagonal Head-Up Display
- Up to 13 Camera Views
- 10.2” Diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System with Google Built-In
- GMC Pro Safety Plus
- Glass Break Sensors
- Ultrasonic Motion Detectors
- Onstar Safety and Security
- Teen Driver
- Automatic Crash Response
- Emergency Services
- Roadside Assistance
- Stolen Vehicle Assistance
- High-Definition Surround Vision
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Rear Seat Media System
How to increase towing capacity
Install a weight-distribution hitch to reduce sway and give the suspension a break
Upgrade your brake pads and rotors to accommodate heavier loads
Add a bigger radiator to improve your engine’s cooling capacity
Level up to stronger axles, such as RV axles
GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2021
In 2021 All versions of the GMC Yukon have seen a significant increase in their capacity towing.
Yukon models made between 2015 and 2020 were equipped with a towing capability of 6,500 – 6,500 pounds. The 2021 models come with a standard towing capacity of 7,500-7.900lbs.
when equipped with The Max Trailering Package. This rise can be attributed to the launch of the latest model of GMC Yukon and Yukon XL that are constructed using the GM T1 platform.
The platform replaces the GM K2 platform and was launched in the year 2019.
2021 GMC Yukon L84 5.3L V8 Standard Trailering Capacity
|Driveline||Standard Tow Rating||Axle|
|Yukon XL||2WD||7800 lbs||3.23|
|Yukon XL||4WD||7500 lbs||3.23|
GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2020
Under the cover on the basic trim Yukon SLE, you will discover an impressive 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 engine that produces 355 horsepower and 383 pounds of torque. It also has the capacity to pull as much as 8,500 pounds.
In 2020, GMC towing specs are enhanced through the regular Yukon trailering hitch that comes with seven-wire harnesses that have independent fused circuits for trailering, paired to a seven-way connector and a 2-inch trailering receiver.
With the Heavy-Duty Trailering package upgrade, customers can anticipate the features mentioned above, in addition to:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension featuring Rear Air Leveler
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Cases on 4WD Models Only
- Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,705 lbs
- Yukon Maximum Towing up to 8,500 pounds
- Yukon The XL Max towing Up to 8,3000 lbs
GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2019
Its Yukon SLE base trim has the 5.3L V8 EcoTec3 motor which produces 153 hp and 383 lb-ft torque. It can carry up to 8,500lbs of towing.
Every Yukon model is equipped with the basic trailering 7-wire harness, with separate fused trailering circuits that are connected to a seven-way connection with a two-inch receiver for trailering.
Eielson Airforce Base personnel can select the heavy-duty trailering package with the features listed above and more, as well as:
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Premium Smooth Ride Suspension that is Smooth and Smooth with Rear Air Leveler
- Two-Speed Active Transfer Case on 4WD Models Only
- Yukon Maximum Towing Up to 8,500 lbs
- Yukon Max Towing up to 8,3000 pounds
GMC Yukon Towing Capacity 2018
The 2018 GMC Yukon is available in three trim levels, the SLE, SLT, and Denali.
There are three trim levels available. SLE and SLT trim come with the 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine that offers an engine for the new Yukon equipped with 355 horsepower as well as 383 pounds of torque.
If the 5.3L V8 engine is paired with the standard Two-Wheel Drive (2WD) and the 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, it can achieve EPA estimates for fuel efficiency that are 16 MPG within cities as well as 23 MPG when driving.
This year’s GMC Yukon’s 5.3L V8 engine that comes with 2WD is able to haul as much as 6,500 pounds and comes with a capacity to carry 1,690 pounds.
If you use the 5.3L V8 engine from the 2018 Yukon makes use of Four Wheel Drive (4WD) it is able to pull 6,300 pounds and can carry the capacity payload of 1,650 pounds.
GMC Yukon Towing Review
GMC Yukon Towing FAQs
How much can a 2022 GMC Yukon tow?
7,500 to 7,900 lbs
How much can a 2022 Yukon pull?
The Max Trailering Package offers a maximum towing capacity of 8,400 pounds. and comes with an upgraded cooling radiator.
How big of a trailer can a Yukon tow?
Yukon Maximum Payload: 1,910 pounds. Yukon maximum towing capacity: up to 8400lbs.
Which Yukon has the highest towing capacity?
However, this isn’t always the scenario with regards to SUVs however, the Yukon with the greatest towing capacity is its basic model which is equipped with the 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine. However, all three models can tow more than 8000 pounds
What is the Yukon XL Denali ultimate package?
Denali Ultimate Package includes (CWN) Advanced Technology Package Content, (C3U) Panoramic power sunroof, (B3L) power-retractable assist steps with lighting around the perimeter, (RPU) 22″ high-gloss aluminum wheels, top-quality paint as well as (SFE) locking wheels (LPO), (NHT) Max Trailering Package, and (UW9) Rear Seat Media.
|Tesla Model Y Towing Capacity|
|Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity|
|Ford Ranger Towing Capacity|
|Towing Capacity Acura MDX|
|Volkswagen Atlas Towing Capacity|
For more information visit their official website at