- 1 Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2022
- 2 Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity per Trim
- 3 Honda Odyssey Tow Hitch and Safety Features
- 4 Honda Odyssey Can Tow
- 5 Odyssey Towing Safety Tips
- 6 Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2021
- 7 Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2018 to 2020
- 8 Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2011 to 2017
- 9 Honda Odyssey Review
- 10 Honda Odyssey Towing FAQs
Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2022
Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity: We’ve already mentioned that the 2022 Honda Odyssey can tow 3,500 pounds in all trim levels which is ideal for pulling the smallest boat or trailer during your next family trip.
The engine behind this Honda Odyssey is a 3.5L V6 engine that is coupled with a 10-speed automatic transmission, which includes Shift By-Wire (SBW) with paddle shifters.
The engine produces 268 hp and 262 pounds of torque. In addition, the Honda Odyssey has a high energy efficiency rating as well as a 19.5-gallon tank of fuel, which can aid Tampa families to save in fuel every year.
Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity per Trim
Created to fit almost every requirement your family may be faced with, all Honda Odyssey configurations come equipped with towing capabilities. Towing capacities standards for each of the trim levels are as the following:
- Honda Odyssey LX Towing Capacity:3,500 pounds
- Odyssey EX Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- Odyssey EX-L Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- Odyssey Touring Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- Odyssey Elite Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
This impressive towing capacity is provided, in part through this 3.5L V6 engine in the Honda Odyssey.
It produces 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque and is coupled with a 10-speed automatic transmission,
which includes Shift By-Wire (SBW) as well as paddle shifters the engine is capable of guiding your vehicle through streets in Oswego and towing you through Wheaton.
Honda Odyssey Tow Hitch and Safety Features
Its Honda Odyssey towing capacity is only one aspect of its remarkable performance. It also provides agility and control on Dayton roads, with a broad range of options and accessories that are available.
For instance, 2022 models incorporate numerous driver assistance features that enhance the handling and ensure safety on the roads including:
- Honda Eco Assist System
- Intelligent Traction Management (Snow Mode)
- Active Control Engine Mount System
- Active Noise Cancellation(TM)
- Hill Start Assist
- Direct Ignition System and Immobilizer
- HondaLink app
It is also possible to add specific towing accessories for your vehicle to simplify the toughest tasks of towing. Our parts department has all the necessary items starting from Honda Odyssey tow hitch options to hitch harnesses with authentic OEM parts.
- A Trailer Hitch Receiver It comes with a ball-mount receiver a retaining pin and a clip
- Harness for the Trailer Hitch: It comes with a 7-pin round-style connector
- Pin for locking the trailer’s Hitch Adds security
- Trailer Hitch Balls Available in 17/8-inch or 2-inch
Honda Odyssey Can Tow
1. An Honda Civic With 4 Adults Inside
2. A Speedboat
3. A Trailer Enclosed With Two Grand Pianos In It.
4. A Camper
5. A Trailer for Horses with an Inside Horse
Odyssey Towing Safety Tips
When you need towing components, OEM is always the best option since OEM parts are durable and of high quality. They are also specifically designed to fit your Odyssey. You will require an accessory hitch and the ball joint, a wiring harness, and many more.
Before towing your Odyssey make sure you read the following safety guidelines:
- To ensure you don’t lose control of yourself and your Odyssey as well as your trailer you should avoid driving at speeds of more than 55 mph when driving on highways.
- When backing up using the trailer, do not let it jackknife. This means that you should bend your Odyssey to a greater than 90 degrees
- Keep at a minimum of 4 seconds behind the car in front of you.
- Make sure to brake your car when going downhill to keep them from burning out.
- Before you set out on your adventure make sure you check the brakes, lights, and fluids
- To ensure stability, set the weight of your tongue at 10% to 15% of the trailer’s weight.
Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2021
What is the maximum amount a Honda Odyssey tow? the 2021 Honda Odyssey can tow up to 3,500 pounds regardless of which model you pick because of the standard variable Cylinder Management(TM) (VCM(r)) as well as an impressive 3.5L 24 Valve SOHC i-VTEC(r) engine.
It’s paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission, which includes Shift By-Wire (SBW) as well as paddle shifters, and produces up to 228 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque.
You’ll need to make frequent stops for refills with your 19.5-gallon tank capacity. You can also keep your control stable with the all-wheel drive system that can be adjusted to manage the torque.
Do you want to know what its 2021 Odyssey capacities for towing are compared to the previous Odyssey models? Here’s a look at the various Honda Odyssey towing capabilities by trim level in the past couple of models:
2021 Honda Odyssey Towing Specs
- LX Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- EX Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- EX-L Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- Touring Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
- Elite Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
These include the following technology and safety features:
Honda Eco Assist System, Intelligent Traction Management (Snow Mode) , Active Control Engine Mount System, Active Noise Cancellation™, Hill Start Assist, Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer, Idle-Stop, HondaLink app
Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2018 to 2020
The towing capacity of the 2018-2020 Honda Odysseys varied between 0-3,500lbs. for the Touring and Elite models and 0-3,000 pounds. for all other models available at the moment.
You can observe in the graph below, the number of passengers impacted the capacity of the entire model, however, it varied for various models. For Odysseys that weren’t an elite or touring model the capacity of 2-5 passengers was not affected, but it changed for the model that was an elite or touring model.
The different metrics appear to be applicable to the 2018-2021 Honda Odyssey models but you must pay close pay attention to the column to look at on the chart below for your car.
Honda Odyssey Towing Capacity 2011 to 2017
For models manufactured between 2011 and 2017, The towing capacity was between 0-3,500 lbs.
With 8 people inside the van, it was decided that towing was not a good idea which is the reason why the graph does not have a weight rating whatsoever.
Similar to each year of the Honda Odyssey, the maximum trailer weight you can pull will depend on the number of passengers and will decrease when you add more passengers. It is important to remember that, for the model years 2011-2017, there was no distinction in the overall power of pulling in the specific models that we observed for the 2018-2020 models.
Honda Odyssey Review
Honda Odyssey Towing FAQs
How much will a Honda Odyssey tow?
No matter which configuration you select, you can enjoy a robust Honda Odyssey towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. The Honda Odyssey towing package is complemented by the standard Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) 3.5L 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC® engine.
What size camper can a Honda Odyssey pull?
Standard towing capabilities per trim level are as follows: Odyssey LX Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds. Honda Odyssey EX Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds. Honda Odyssey EX-L Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
Can I put a trailer hitch on my Honda Odyssey?
Adding a trailer hitch to a Honda Odyssey requires only a few tools, a Curt 13370 trailer hitch, and a short amount of time to complete the installation. This trailer hitch and installation process will work for the Honda Odyssey model years 2018-2022.
What is the tongue weight of a Honda Odyssey?
Rated for 525 pounds tongue weight at the trailer ball, 3,500 pounds towing weight** Available in 2-inch receiver.