- 1 Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity 2022
- 2 Jeep Renegade Engine space
- 3 Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity
- 4 Campers the Renegade Can Tow (Under 2,000 lbs.)
- 5 Towing Accessories for a Jeep Renegade
- 6 Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity 2021 to 2019
- 7 Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity 2018 to 2015
- 8 Jeep Renegade Towing FAQS
Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity 2022
Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity: Towing Capacity of the Jeep Renegade depends on whether you opt for front-wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD). The FWD models can pull up to 1,500 lbs.
AWDs can be up to 2,000 lbs. Therefore you can see that Jeep Renegade has a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds.
While that might not be an enormous towing capacity, it’s enough to pull some campers and trailers.
Jeep Renegade Engine space
There are many factors that allow many factors that allow the Renegade the ability to pull, beginning with the engine. There are two powerful engines, which include:
- 1.3L 4 Cylinder Turbo Direct Injection engine. It generates 177 horsepower and 210 pounds of torque
- 2.4L Tigershark(r) MultiAir(r) motor that produces 180 HP as well as 175 pounds of torque
The expected mileage of your gas depends on the type of drivetrain you select. The following trims are available: estimates from the EPA for fuel efficiency:
- Trim with 4X4– Sport, Jeepster, Latitude, Upland, and Altitude, Trailhawk®
- MPG-21 City/29 Highway MPG,22 City/27 Highway MPG
It is evident that every trim has plenty of fuel efficiency to complete tasks and be efficient, which aids when carrying. Its 1.3L 4 Cylinder Turbo Direct Injection engine has the aid in the form of Engine Stop/Start Technology,
which helps to maintain fuel efficiency. In conjunction with its 2.4L Tigershark(r) MultiAir(r) engine The MultiAir(r) technology provides lots of power and lower emissions.
Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity
Its Jeep Renegade can tow a range of different campers. These include pop-up campers, smaller travel trailers, and bigger travel trailers.
It is the Riverside Retro Trailer is one kind of small travel trailer that is pulled on the Jeep Renegade. This particular trailer weighs a dry weight of 1760 pounds which is within the towing capacity of the Jeep Renegade.
If you’re looking for a camper slightly bigger and more spacious, this Aliner Classic Sport might be an ideal choice.
It comes with an empty weight of 1950 pounds that’s still within the towing capabilities that is available on the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk.
Campers the Renegade Can Tow (Under 2,000 lbs.)
- Riverside Retro Travel Trailer
- Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro Travel Trailer
- Palomino Travel Trailer
- Jayco Hummingbird Travel Trailer
- Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro Travel Trailer
Towing Accessories for a Jeep Renegade
Here are a few of the top towing accessories for the Jeep Renegade:
- Hitch mount The hitch mounting is an excellent method to provide storage to the inside of your Jeep Renegade while also increasing the towing capacity. The hitch mounts are available in various sizes, and you can pick one that best suits your requirements.
- Brake controller for trailers: As we mentioned earlier, a trailer brake controller can assist you to manage the brakes on your trailer.
- Mirrors towing: Towing mirrors help you view beyond the truck, which makes it easier to reverse and park.
You might need to add heavy-duty sway control when you’ll be driving over bumpy terrain or in strong winds.
It is said that the Jeep Renegade can tow weights of up to 2000 pounds. But the Jeep isn’t designed to be towing vehicle and there are other options on the market if you’re searching for a vehicle to transport your trailer or camper.
If you’re just seeking an SUV for driving around town The Jeep Renegade is a great option. It’s light and easy to move and also gets excellent gas mileage.
I hope that this article was useful in answering your question, “How much weight can a Jeep Renegade tow?” If you have any additional concerns, be sure to post them in the comments section below and I’ll be more than happy to assist you.
Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity 2021 to 2019
From 2021 to 2019 the Jeep Renegades had a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds. It was which was accompanied by the maximum tongue weight of 200 pounds or 10 percent.
Two different engines available during the model years were available including the 1.3-milliliter turbo engine as well as the 2.4 Liter engine.
If you examine the graph below, you will see that it wasn’t a matter of what engine you laughed at, as it was the same for both engines. was identical for both engines and the maximum load ratings for the tongue.
Jeep Renegade Towing Capacity 2018 to 2015
The model from 2018 to 2015 had a similar maximum capacity towing of 2,000 lbs, with the same 200lb max tongue weight, but with various engine choices than what we had for the 2021 – models for 2019.
The 2.4-milliliter engine was available, however, the other engine was one with a 1.4 L turbo in place of the 1.3 Liter turbo engine we had seen in the latter model years.
Jeep Renegade Towing FAQS
Does a Jeep Renegade have towing capacity?
When equipped with the advanced available 2.4L Tigershark® engine that produces up to 180 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque, the 2021 Jeep Renegade can tow up to 2,000 lbs, easily.
Is Jeep Renegade 4×4 or AWD?
The Jeep® Renegade has two innovative available 4×4 systems that both feature a rear axle disconnect system to seamlessly switch between two-wheel and four-wheel drive. Both Jeep Active Drive Systems can keep you moving forward, even when just one wheel has traction on the ground.
Is Jeep Renegade worth buying?
Don’t let its small stature fool you; the 2022 Jeep Renegade is a serious off-roader when properly equipped. It has pleasant road manners for the daily commute, but when equipped with all-wheel drive — especially in Trailhawk guise — the Renegade is among the best off-roaders in its class.
Can a Jeep Renegade pull a horse trailer?
When properly equipped, you can tow with a Jeep Renegade. Just keep in mind that, with a towing capacity of 2000 lbs, it is best to tow smaller trailers and small boats.