- 1 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2022
- 2 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity by Engine
- 3 Kia Sorento Towing Features
- 4 How to increase towing capacity
- 5 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity Table
- 6 2022 Kia Sorento vs. Competitor’s Towing Capacity
- 7 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2020
- 8 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2019
- 9 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2018
- 10 Kia Sorento Review
- 11 Kia Sorento Towing FAQs
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2022
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity: Kia Sorento SX’s towing capability Kia Sorento SX can vary from 2,000 pounds with its standard 2.5L four-cylinder engine, up to 3,500 pounds using a turbocharged 2.5L four-cylinder engine. It can be increased by incorporating Kia’s tow kit.
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity by Engine
In 2022, the Kia Sorento towing capacity is because of some strong engine choices. Below, you can look at how different engines affect the towing capabilities around Carson:
2.5L DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine:
- 191 horsepower, and 181 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- The estimated MPG for the EPA is 24 mpg (FWD) (FWD) and 28 mpg (AWD)
- Towing capacity is 2,000 pounds.
Turbocharged 2.5L DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine:
- 281 horses and 311 pounds of torque
- The combined MPG for the EPA is estimated at 22 mpg (FWD) (FWD) and 28 mpg (AWD)
- 8-speed dual-clutch auto transmission (wet type)
- The maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds
It’s clear that there’s no need to fret that the 3500-pound Kia Sorento towing capacity means that you need to sacrifice fuel efficiency as you travel on Orange County roads!
Kia Sorento Towing Features
The Kia Sorento’s capacity to tow is increased by safety features and driver assistance which make towing easy with features like:
- Safe Exit Assist
- Drive Mode Select and Snow Mode
- Blind Spot Collision Warning & Avoidance Assist
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Torque-Vectoring Cornering Control
- Hill-Start Assist Control
- AWD Adaptive Lock Mode
- All-Weather Capability
- And More!
For more details about the features, this Kia SUV has to offer go to Rountree Moore Kia to find out more about what they have to say about Kia Sorento’s two package options and other unique features.
How to increase towing capacity
If you choose to go with the turbo 2.5L engine can provide you with an extra 1500 pounds of towing power However, if that’s not enough for your needs, there are some ways to increase the capacity of your Sorento. Here are a few suggestions to maximize the towing capacity of your Sorento:
- Make sure you upgrade to upgrade your hitch to a higher class (from Class 3 up to class 4)
- Include a distribution hitch for the weight that utilizes spring bars to increase the distribution
- Upgrade to bigger pads for your brakes and Rotors
- Make sure you increase the capacity of your radiator to ensure better engine cooling.
- Change your vehicle to the heavy-duty axles to boost GAWR. (GAWR)
However, remember that manufacturers have a maximum towing capacity to ensure security reasons, so you should never be recommended that you override the automobile’s capability towing by more than 1,000 pounds.
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity Table
|TRIM NAME||PAYLOAD CAPACITY||CURB WEIGHT|
|LX 4DR SUV (2.5L 4CYL 8A)||1563 lbs.||3794 lbs.|
|S 4DR SUV (2.5L 4CYL 8A)||1563 lbs.||3794 lbs.|
|EX 4DR SUV (2.5L 4CYL 8A)||1358 lbs.||3999 lbs.|
|SX 4DR SUV (2.5L 4CYL 8A)||1358 lbs.||3999 lbs.|
|SX PRESTIGE 4DR SUV (2.5L 4CYL 8A)||1358 lbs.||3999 lbs.|
|LX 4DR SUV AWD (2.5L 4CYL 8A)||–||3935 lbs.|
2022 Kia Sorento vs. Competitor’s Towing Capacity
|CAR NAME||TOWING CAPACITY||PAYLOAD CAPACITY||CURB WEIGHT|
|2022 KIA SORENTO||–||1358 – 1563 lbs.||3794 – 3999 lbs.|
|2022 NISSAN PATHFINDER||3500 – 6000 lbs.||1394 – 1583 lbs.||4227 – 4625 lbs.|
|2022 HONDA PILOT||–||–||350 – 4321 lbs.|
|2022 SUBARU ASCENT||2000 lbs.||–||500 – 4603 lbs.|
|2022 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER||–||1685 lbs.||500 lbs.|
|2022 VOLKSWAGEN ATLAS||–||1102 lbs.||500 – 4436 lbs.|
|2022 DODGE DURANGO||6200 lbs.||1380 lbs.||620 lbs.|
|2022 FORD EXPLORER||5300 lbs.||–||530 – 4345 lbs.|
|2022 MAZDA CX-9||–||–||4225 lbs.|
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2020
If you decide to the 2020 Kia Sorento and you’ll be able to choose from a variety of options for engine upgrades to meet your requirements within Federal Way.
These are the drivetrain and engine options for the 2020 Kia Sorento configurations to be aware of if considering using Kia Sorento for your next project. Kia Sorento for trailers, campers, and so on:
- 2.4L DOHC 16-Valve FWDThis engine produces 185 horsepower and 178 lb-ft of torque with FWD allowing you to have the towing capacity of 2,000 pounds.
- 2.4L DOHC 16-Valve AWD The addition of Dynamax(tm) AWD to the LX trim and higher will give you more control over Sumner roads and maintains the towing weight at 2500 pounds.
- 3.3 Liter DOHC 24 valve V6 FWD: Available on the S V6 EX or SX versions, the engine can boost the Kia Sorento towing capacity to 3,500 pounds due to 290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft torque.
- 3.3 Liter DOHC 24 valve V6 AWD If you’re looking to maximize Kia Sorento towing, consider adding AWD using the engine V6, and you will be able to attain 5,000 tonnes in towing power.
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2019
The 2019 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity ranges from 2,000 to 5500 pounds based on your choice of trim level. an array of advanced performance features will ensure you have the best towing capabilities regardless of the type of road or weather conditions.
Base Engine Towing Capacity
2019. Kia Sorento L and LX models are fitted with a 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine that is electronically controlled to a 6-speed automated. The specifications of this motor include
- A towing capacity of 2,000 pounds
- Front-wheel drive is standard
- The engine has 185 horsepower and 178 pounds of torque
Upgraded Engine Towing Capacity
Its 3.3L DOHC 24-valve V6 comes equipped as standard on Kia’s 2019 Kia Sorento LX V6, EX V6, SX, and SX Limited trim levels. This engine is connected to the electronically-controlled 8-speed auto transmission. The specifications of this motor include
- 250 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque.
- As much as 3,500 lbs. with FWD.
- up to 5,000 pounds. with AWD.
Kia Sorento Towing Capacity 2018
The Kia Sorento comes with an impressive engine, and also the capacity to tow. The model will tow up to 2,000 pounds, and with the option of trims that can go that can tow up to 35000 pounds.
This model is ideal for moving your belongings when you move to a new home or apartment.
You can also make use of this towing power for road trips, and numerous other methods to make it easier to carry everything you require while traveling.
The Kia Sorento, which was released in 2018, is a great choice for road trips Kia Sorento comes with 73.5 cubic feet of storage space to accommodate any other things you’ll need to bring along the trip with you.
with a 2.4-liter engine that delivers 185 horsepower and 178 pound-feet of torque. This powerful engine gives drivers more control as they drive when it comes to acceleration as well as their speed
Kia Sorento Review
Kia Sorento Towing FAQs
What weight can a Kia Sorento tow?
The Kia Sorento can tow between 2,000-5,000lbs.
The only optional engine for the Sorento is the 3.3L DOHC 24-valve V6 engine, which can tow 3,500 pounds in Front-wheel drive and 5,000 pounds in All-wheel drive. This gives drivers a chance to choose what suits their needs and what’s best for them.
Which Kia Sorento has the highest towing capacity?
The Kia car with the highest towing capacity on the current market is the 2019 Kia Sorento. The Sorento’s base towing capacity totals of 2,000 pounds on the 2.4-liter engine. But the 3.3-liter V6 engine with 290hp and Dynamax AWD offers a max hauling capacity of 5,000 pounds!
Which Kia Sorento has a tow package?
Yes, the 2021 Kia Sorento does offer a towing package on the EX, SX, and SX-Prestige models that have the 2.5-liter GDI 4-cylinder turbo engine that produces 281 horsepower and 311 lb. -ft. of torque. The models with turbo engines have 3,500 pounds of towing capacity
Can you put a hitch on a Kia Sorento?
The 2021-2022 Kia Sorento Tow Hitch Receiver will attach to your Kia Sorento and provide it with towing capability. Please see your vehicle manual for towing information and towing capacity. This product ONLY includes the Tow Hitch Receiver.
Can a Sorento tow a caravan?
The towing capacity of the Kia Sorento supports up to 2800kg. This is a braked figure, while the maximum load for any vehicle without using trailer brakes is 750kg if rated to tow that much in the first place.