Kia Stinger Towing Capacity: The Kia Stinger’s maximum braked towing weight is 3300 lbs. This drops to 1650 pounds when pulling unbraked loads. The towing capacity of the Stinger is the same for all trims. It is sufficient to tow a camp trailer.
The vehicle’s ability to tow is dependent on how strong and durable the towbar is. As such, the Kia Stinger doesn’t come standard with one.
2022 Kia Stinger towing capacity
|2022 Kia Stinger||Specs||Braked capacity|
|Stinger 2.0 GT-Line (Black Leather)||2.0L, -, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 2.0 GT-Line (Red Leather)||2.0L, -, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 200S||2.0L, -, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 3.3 GT (black Leather)||3.3L, -, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 3.3 GT (red Leather)||3.3L, -, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 330S||3.3L, -, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 200S||2.0L, Unleaded Petrol, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger 330S||3.3L, Unleaded Petrol, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger GT (black Leather)||3.3L, Unleaded Petrol, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger GT (red Leather)||3.3L, Unleaded Petrol, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger GT-Line (Black Leather)||2.0L, Unleaded Petrol, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
|Stinger GT-Line (Red Leather)||2.0L, Unleaded Petrol, 8 SPEED AUTOMATIC||3300lbs|
Kia Stinger Engine space 2022
There are two engines available for the Stinger. All run on gasoline and have the default rear-wheel drive system. The vehicle will tow better if it is an all-wheel-drive (AWD).
- 2.5L Smartstream FR-G2.5 T-GDi HTML4: The Smartstream is a turbocharged straight-four-cylinder engine that features a gasoline direct-fuel injection system.
- It’s used by the GT-Line trim on the Kia Stinger. The engine produces 300 horsepower at 6000 rpm, and 311 lb/ft of torque between 1650 rpm and 4000rpm.
- Lambda II 3.0 T-GDi The Lambda engine is a six-cylinder with twin turbochargers. It also has a gasoline direct-injection fuel system.
- This engine powers the Stinger’s GT1 and GT2 trims. This engine produces a staggering 365 horsepower at 6000 rpm, and 376 lb/ft of torque between 1300 rpm to 4500 rpm.
The Lambda is more capable of towing than either the Smartstream or the Lambda. Because towing is about how well a vehicle can be towed, power output and torque are important factors. The Lambda produces 65 horsepower more than the Smartstream.
2022 KIA Stringer GT2
The last, but certainly not last will be the 2022 Kia Stinger GT2. It has the same speed and efficiency in terms of fuel consumption like the GT1 however,
you’ll be able to increase the Kia Stinger cost to get the most luxurious cabin that is packed with the latest and most advanced technology as well as extra security thanks to the latest security features.
If you choose to go with FWD or AWD You will get all these options available to you in the Kia Stinger trim level:
- Head-Up Display
- 10.25-inch touchscreen display with Rear Camera and Navigation
- Harman Kardon(r) Premium Audio
- Nappa Leather Seat Trim
- 16-Way Power Driver Seat & 12-Way Power Passenger Seat
- Front and Back Seats
- Heated Front Outboard Seats
- Memory Driver’s Seat
- Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
- Power Sunroof
- Smart Power Trunk
- Surround View and Blind Spot View Monitor
- Parking Distance Warning Reverse and Forward
- Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control using Stop and Go
Kia Stinger Towing Capacity FAQs
How much can the Kia Stinger tow?
Its towing capability of the 2022 Kia Stinger is as much as 3300lbs. This is a braked number as the maximum load for any vehicle that does not have trailer brakes is about 1650lbs in the event that it is rated to tow that amount in the first place.
Can a Kia Stinger pull a trailer?
Stinger 2.0 T-GDi GT-Line Stinger 2.0 T-GDi GT-Line has a maximum trailer weight of 1650lbs, unbraked, as well as 3300lbs with brakes.
Can a Kia Stinger pull a caravan?
Its 2.0-liter Turbocharged Petro engine feels energetic and eager, strong enough for the caravan and car to accelerate from 30-60mph in 8.9 minutes. Once you reach motorway speeds, the Stinger feels safe and secure