- 1 Lawn Mower towing capacity
- 2 Lawn Mower Horsepower or Torque
- 3 Lawn Mower Towing Safety
- 4 Lawn Mower towing capacity FAQs
Lawn Mower towing capacity: The lawn tractor we love has numerous applications. One of the most popular uses is the towing of trailers and attachments and other equipment to get things done at the farm or in the yard. But what’s enough that you can pull your mower?
It is generally accepted that the riding lawn mower’s capacity for towing is between 580lbs and 290lbs. This is determined by using an average guideline that says that a lawn mower’s capacity to tow is between 50 and 80% of the weight of the mower plus operator.
Lawn Mower towing capacity
Below are the weights of most models of riding lawnmowers available on the market currently. Be aware that these are just the weights of lawnmowers.
To determine the correct amount for your towing needs, you just put your own weight in these amounts and apply 50%-100 percent of that for the weight of towing you need to choose.
- Craftsman 46: 525 pounds
- Craftsman T210: 510 pounds
- Cub Cadet XT1: 410 pounds
- Cub Cadet XT1LT46: 430 pounds
- Cub Cadet XT2SLX: 470 pounds
- Husqvarna GTH52XLS: 815 pounds
- Husqvarna YTA24V4: 670 pounds
- Husqvarna YTH18542: 490 pounds
- John Deere E120: 420 pounds
- John Deere E150: 483 pounds
- John Deere S249: 458 pounds
- John Deere X300: 542 pounds
- Poulan Pro PP155H42: 465 pounds
- Poulan Pro PP19A42: 402 pounds
- Troy-Bilt Bronco: 495 pounds
Obviously, there are a lot of factors that go into determining what is the exact capacity for your specific tractor and towing setup. I’ll go over some of the main factors in the rest of this article.
Lawn Mower Horsepower or Torque
There’s definitely a debate about which is more important in towing – torque or horsepower. In all times, they are both essential when towing lawnmowers (and trucks!) however, they serve different objectives.
In this instance, it is the torque that is more important. When searching for riding lawnmowers that can be used for towing purposes, be sure to select one with a greater torque rating whenever it is possible.
Lawn Mower Towing Safety
Safety is the first priority when operating any equipment, and towing your lawn mower is not any different. Here are ten of the most crucial aspects you should be looking for to ensure you’re towing safely using a tractor.
- Stopping We already covered the ability to brake however, it’s so crucial that I’m going to start this list with it. The stopping distance greater with the weight the vehicle you’re towing. Be sure to allow yourself ample enough time for stopping.
- neutral – Be extremely cautious not to place your tractor into neutral in a downhill. Try not to drift when towing.
- Making Sharp Turns It is possible to turn quite distinct when you are towing a large load. Be sure to maintain your balance on swivels and pay attention when turning on terrain that is difficult to navigate.
- Do not permit children (or any other persons) to be on or within your equipment while it is operating.
- Hitches and other accessories Be sure that you’re using only hitches suitable for use on the tractor you are using. We do not recommend that you attach towing equipment in any other location than to the hitching point that is approved.
- Manufacturers’ Recommendations Make sure you read the owner’s manual and follow any safety guidelines from the manufacturer specific to your machine.
Lawn Mower towing capacity FAQs
How much weight can a lawn mower tow?
But what is enough the lawn mower can tow? In general, a riding lawn mower’s capacity to pull is between 580 and 290lbs. This is calculated by using an average guideline that says that a lawn mower’s capacity to tow is approximately 50-100% of the weight of the mower plus operator.
How much weight can a John Deere mower pull?
How Much Weight Can Residential John Deere Mowers Pull? A lawn mower that is used for residential use is able to pull a load that isn’t more than half its weight. For instance, when a mower is 1,000 pounds heavy the mower shouldn’t be pulling more than 500 to 600 pounds.
How much weight can my Husqvarna riding mower pull?
The maximum gross vehicle weight of one HUV4421 vehicle is 2750 pounds or 1247 kilograms. The maximum weight of a vehicle that a HUV4421 can carry equipped with the option of high capacity installed is 3012 lbs or 1366 kilograms
How much can a John Deere S100 pull?
What weight can a John Deere S100 pull? It is estimated that a John Deere S100 is able to pull an estimated weight of 415lbs, or 188.24 kilograms. Anything that is greater than this capacity isn’t advised as it could cause irreparable damage to your tractor.