- 1 Lexus GX Towing Capacity by Trim Level 2022
- 2 Lexus GX 460 Engine space
- 3 Lexus GX 460 Towing Features
- 4 Lexus GX 460 towing capacity 2021 to 2010
- 5 Lexus GX 460 Review
- 6 Lexus GX Towing FAQs
Lexus GX Towing Capacity by Trim Level 2022
Although it is true that the Lexus GX towing capacity is identical across the entire range of premium SUV models, however, it is supported by a variety of distinct features, based on which the best trim level is for you. Check out the following:
- Lexus GX 460 towing capacity up to 6,500 pounds
- This trim level offers an array of safety features, including forwarding collision warning, which increases your safety when towing.
- Parking sensors for the rear and front are available for purchase at an additional cost.
- Lexus GX 460 Premium towing capacity of 6,500 pounds
- Navigation and the Intuitive Parking Assist feature come with this trim level,
- as do with other luxury features like the heated, ventilated, and cooled seats.
- Lexus GX 460 Luxury towing capacity of 6,500 pounds
- The Lexus GX can be further upgraded with options like Sport Design and Off-Road packages for those who love to take their outdoor adventures seriously.
- Lexus GX 460 Black Line Special Edition towing capacity 6,500 pounds
- The Black Line Special Edition GX 460 has distinctive exterior designs, like an edging for the grille with a dark chrome finish, as well as the Open-Pore Ash Wood trim on the interior.
It is the perfect vehicle for every trip and has strength in its bones thanks to its sturdy body-on-frame design. A few of the things that you could tow using this capacity are:
- Smaller boats for recreational use
- Small, hard-sided RV
- Lightweight utility trailer
The Lexus GX 460 SUV is a blend of style with strength, making an incredible vehicle that is versatile.
You’ll have the chance to experience unforgettable adventures with all of your favorite people and equipment because of this model’s Lexus GX 460 towing capacity!
Lexus GX 460 Engine space
Its 2022 Lexus GX 460 is your ideal road-going companion thanks to its stunning style and reliable performance.
The GX 460 was created to enhance your adventure and so make the most of that capacity load towing capability of 6,500 pounds for your passions.
This kind of towing power is provided by the vehicle’s 4.6L V8 engine. The engine was developed to increase efficiency and production using dual Variable Valve Timing intelligence that allows it to produce up to 329 pounds of torque.
For managing that incredible output, you’ll be equipped with the flexibility of a 6-speed electronically Controlled Transmission that has intelligence.
Besiege your city’s streets suburban boulevards, as well as the wild wilderness.
Lexus GX 460 Towing Features
There are many features that make towing twenty22 Lexus GX 460 safer, quicker, and easier. For instance, the touchscreen can assist you to get your car in line with your trailer: Just put your SUV in reverse,
then the monitor on your dashboard can change its display to show a live view of the area behind you using the backup camera standard.
If you’re driving you’ll be able to count on certain driver-assistive and safety features to assist you in getting your cargo safely to its final destination.
Some of these safety features on the road include:
- The Trailer Sway Control monitors cargo movements and makes use of corrective brakes to ensure it is within the same range as your SUV.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Warning for Traffic: It helps you to safely switch lanes when you have an attached trailer.
- Intelligent Parking Assist: This feature is available with sensors to give audible signals in the event that you’re too close to an object that is detected.
With these sophisticated security features, you will feel safe while driving your luxury vehicle, especially when you’re hauling a trailer
Lexus GX 460 towing capacity 2021 to 2010
Between 2021 and 2010 Lexus GX460s had the same towing capacities throughout the models and varied between 1,000-6,500 pounds.
The lower weight rating was for trailers that didn’t have the brakes of their own
The majority of other specifications were precisely identical, with only small differences in capacity numbers for specific years.
Be aware that if you’re pulling on a trailer the tongue weight represents the vehicle’s capacity weight. You will be required to subtract the weight of the tongue by the weight that is maximum for your vehicle to determine the correct figure.
Lexus GX 460 Review
Lexus GX Towing FAQs
How much will a GX 460 tow?
Lexus GX 460 towing capacity — 6,500 pounds
Standard safety features such as forward collision warning are available in this trim level and improve your safety while towing. You can also add front and rear parking sensors.
Does the Lexus GX 460 have a tow package?
It can be able to tow up to 6,500 lbs, it also has the ability to be lowered so that it can also be upgraded through Lexus packages such as that of the Sport Design and Off-Road package to gain more ground when towing.
Can a GX 460 tow a camper?
the maximum capacity for towing for all models of the Lexus GX 460 is 6,500 pounds which is more than enough to tow a camper since the average dry weight of camper trailers weighs 5,200 pounds.
What is the difference between GX 460 and GX470?
The GX470 surpasses even the GX460 approach angle between 2010 and 2013 and is in line with the departure angle and has a higher ground clearance of 8.3 inches. Additionally,
the GX470 is smaller and slimmer, making it more agile when riding off-road trails. Although the GX470 weighs less at 4,871 pounds, it also produces less horsepower which means the impact is less.
For more information visit their official website at