How much can the 2022 Nissan Frontier tow?
Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity has between 6,260 to 6,720 lbs pounds. Although the 7 distinct versions of the Frontier all have the identical 3.8L V6 engine, they have an entirely different amount of towing capacity.
Its King Cab S model of the Frontier is the most considerable towing model of the models, weighing 6,720lbs. This model of the Frontier Crew Cab makes up the majority of the various versions, and they all weigh between 6,270 and 6,570 pounds.
Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity
Only one model gives you the most Nissan Frontier towing capacity: the Frontier King Cab S 2WD. It’s not the only model that’s available. It is possible to consider this model, the Frontier Crew Cab as well. This Nissan Frontier towing comes alive with the Class IV Tow Hitch. You’ll be able to discover the maximum Nissan Frontier towing capacity here:
2022 Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity King Cab
- 6,720 pounds for Frontier King Cab S 2WD
- 6,510 pounds for Frontier King Cab S 4WD
- 6,670 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV 2WD
- 6,470 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV 4WD
2022 Frontier Nissan Towing Capacity Cab Cab
- 6,570 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 2WD
- 6,370 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 4WD
- 6,530 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SV 2WD
- 6,330 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SV 4WD
- 6,460 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed SV 2WD
- 6,260 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4WD
- 6,470 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab PRO-X(r) 2WD
- 6,270 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X(r) 4WD
Nissan Frontier Payload Capacity
Naturally, you will require moving things around to your bedroom at Pagosa Springs. That’s why you’ll need an auto that can maximize the load capacity. This is a possibility within the Frontier. Check it out here:
2022 Nissan Frontier Payload Capacity – King Cab
- 1,600 pounds for Frontier King Cab S 2WD
- 1,410 pounds for Frontier King Cab S 4WD
- 1,610 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV 2WD
- 1,440 pounds for Frontier King Cab SV 4WD
2022 Nissan Frontier Payload Capacity – Crew Cab
- 1,460 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 2WD
- 1,260 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab S 4WD
- 1,480 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SV 2WD
- 1,290 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab SV 4WD
- 1,360 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed SV 2WD
- 1,160 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed SV 4WD
- 1,430 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab PRO-X(r) 2WD
- 1,230 pounds for Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X(r) 4WD
Nissan Frontier Towing & Performance Features
A range of towing equipment lets you choose between a Class IV hitch receiver as well a Class IV weight-distributing ball for hitches, as well as a Class III mount for the hitch ball.
Towing is now easier than ever thanks to spray-on bed liners for a better mattress surface and channels that allow sliding on cleats and heavy-duty aluminum cleats that are forged to hold down large loads.
Tailgates with bed extenders that slide, an audio system, and a bed-assist grip for helping climb up are all clever features designed by those who understand what truckers want: functionality and enjoyment!
One of the most impressive features of this pick-up is an Intelligent Around View Monitor, which provides a live-feed camera view that has gridlines that are superimposed to assist you to get the trailer tow. It’s never been easier!
- Intelligent Around View Monitor
- Trailer Sway Control
- Tow-Haul Mode
- 120-V power outlet for the household.
- Bed lighting
Nissan Frontier Towing capacity by Year
Year Nissan Frontier Towing capacity 2020 to 2022 6,720lbs 2019 3,500 to 6,720lbs 2018 6,690lbs 2017 6,710lbs 2013 to 2016 6,500lbs 2012 3500lbs 2011 6500 2010 6500
Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity Considerations
When you calculate the capacity of towing you’ll need to be aware that your vehicle has to be capable of carrying the weight of its passengers and cargo, as well as the weight of the cargo and passengers, and the towing capacity of the tow vehicle.
The hitch and any other towing equipment should also be calibrated to the proper amount of weight and correctly installed. If you don’t have the correct weight class hitch you’ll have issues towing your vehicle.
You should be aware of what is your Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) that is, the weighted total of your trailer as well as its cargo.
Also, you must be aware of the maximum weight for your loaded vehicle and your trailer loaded. This is referred to as the gross Combined Weight Ratio (GCWR). Do not exceed your vehicle’s GTW or GCWR or you may be faced with serious safety issues.
If you don’t own a large travel trailer, camper, or boat that requires a full-size pickup truck or more The towing capacity of the Frontier is more than adequate.
Nissan Frontier Towing Capacity FAQs
Is the Nissan Frontier good for towing?
All in total, the Nissan Frontier can tow up to 6,720 pounds. The maximum towing capacity is only achievable by using a suitable engine such as that of the Frontier 4.0L V6 engine. The power towing is lower if you have an engine that is not compatible with the Frontier.
Which Nissan Frontier has the best towing capacity?
- Frontier King Cab. Towing capacity up to. 6,720 lbs.
- Frontier Crew Cab. Towing capacity up to. 6,570 lbs.
- Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed. Towing capacity up to. 6,460 lbs
Do Nissan Frontiers have a lot of problems?
Nissan Frontier Reliability Problems. Owners of the Frontier have submitted 986 complaints in the last 22 years of the model. Based on our PainRank(TM) system, we’ve placed 19th overall in reliability, out of 26, Nissan models, and have real concerns about engine and transmission.
What is the high mileage for a Nissan Frontier?
In general, you should be sure to get a minimum of 100,000 miles from your brand-new Nissan when you take care of it properly. There are still plenty of used Frontiers available on the market, which says a lot about dependability.
Do Nissan Frontiers hold their value?
Although it is true that the Nissan Frontier was redesigned for 2022, it is still showing some of the lowest selling value of any vehicle on the market. IntelliChoice estimates that after five years of normal ownership, the Frontier will not be able to keep 58.0 percent of its value.
WARNING-DO NOT USE
For more information visit their official website at