- 1 Toyata Tacoma Towing Capacity 2020
- 2 Engine Space For Toyata Tacoma 2020
- 3 Best Package Toyota Tacoma Towing 2020
- 4 What Can I Tow with a 2020 Toyota Tacoma?
- 5 Tacoma Towing Capacity FAQs
Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity 2020 – The Toyota Tacoma is the leader in mid-size pickup truck sales and is widely known for its off-road capability and long-term reliability.
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma’s maximum towing capacity is between 3,500 and 6,800 pounds, depending on its specifications.
Toyata Tacoma Towing Capacity 2020
It’s important that you note the options available between different configurations to determine which trim level best suits your needs. Below is a quick overview of the new Toyota Tacoma’s towing capacity.
- Base Tacoma & SR5: Maximum 3,500 pounds
- Base Tacoma, SR5 with Towing package: up to 6,400 pounds
- When you add a 3.5L V6 engine and a Towing Package, Up to 6,800 pounds
The base trim level will have a respectable 3,500-pound maximum towing capacity. Toyota Tacoma models with the optional powerful 3.5L V6 engine and towing package can take a payload up to 1,440 pounds.
Engine Space For Toyata Tacoma 2020
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma has two types of engine. A 2.7L 4-Cylinder engine is less powerful than the 3.5L V6.
2.7-L 4-CYLINDER ENGINE
The Toyota Tacoma offers a variety of engine options, including the 2.7L 4-Cylinder. This engine is standard in the SR and SR5 trims.It has a lower power engine with 159 horsepower @5,200 and 180 lb.ft @3,800.
Maximum towing capacity for all these models is 3500 lbs.Tacoma does not offer any options to increase the truck’s value.
ENGINE 3.5-L V6
The Tacoma’s V6 engine is the most powerful. It can produce up to 278 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm or 265 lb.ft @ 4,600 lbs.The engine can tow up 6800 lbs , and 6400 lbs on the low end.
engine is available in all Tacoma trims, except the SR5 and SR5. The engine is also available in manual form for select trim levels.
Best Package Toyota Tacoma Towing 2020
There are many supporting roles within the Toyota Tacoma’s performance systems that can be used to maximize the Toyota Tacoma’s towing capabilities. Here are some of them:
- Transmission Selection A six-speed manual transmission or six-speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with Intelligence (ECT-i).
- Toyota Tacoma Tow Package. This package includes Trailer-Sway Control. This system manages the engine torque and applies brake pressure individually to each wheel to maximize traction on steepest grades or slickest surfaces.
- Composite bed with 120V outlet: The fiber reinforced Sheet-Molded Composite surface (SMC), keeps your bed free of rust and looks great for many years.
What Can I Tow with a 2020 Toyota Tacoma?
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma can haul 6,800 pounds. The two-wheel drive Access Cab with 3.5L V-6 engine and Access Cab are the best options for maximum towing.
They come in many trim levels. The vehicle is a Class IV vehicle (6,000 lbs). – under 10,000 lbs.) Towing vehicle in its maximum configuration. The model can be used to tow such items as:
- Many towable camping trailers are available (RVs).
- Small ski boats
- Small Horse Trailers
- Car trailer and vehicle
- Fishing boats
- ATV trailer with ATVs and Equipment
Tacoma Towing Capacity FAQs
What’s the 2020 Toyota Tacoma’s Maximum Towing Capacity?
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma’s maximum towing weight is between 3,500 and 6,800 pounds, depending on its specifications.
Can a Tacoma pull a camper?
Can the Toyota Tacoma tow campers? There are many sizes and shapes of campers. The 2020 Toyota Tacoma can tow most campers. Campers smaller than 15 feet in length tend to weigh about 3,750 lbs. while campers larger than 24 feet might weigh around 4,400 lbs.
Which Tacoma has the highest payload capacity?
Toyota Tacoma Payload Capacities By Trim
- Tacoma TRD Off-Road payload capacity: 1,395 pounds.
- Tacoma TRD Sport payload capacity: 1,525 pounds.
- Tacoma SR5 and SR5 payload capacities: 1,685 lbs