Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity 2021 – The Toyota Tacoma is a staple in Toyota’s truck line-up since 1995. The versatile and reliable pickup is well-known for its off-roading capabilities and adventure abilities.
However, its powerful engines can tow your toys. The 2021 Tacoma is the most powerful truck model year to date.
Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity 2021
Six different trims are available for the new Toyota Tacoma. The majority of them have a towing capacity of 3500 lbs.
TRD Sport and SR5 have the highest towing capacities of any 2021 Tacoma at 6,800 pounds. This is enough for a large boat, a trailer, or another vehicle.
Below is a breakdown of the trims and their maximum and standard towing capacities.
- Tacoma SR, SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road towing capacity – 3,500 pounds
- Tacoma TRD Sport towing capacity (when properly equipped) – 6,800 pounds
- Tacoma TRD Off-Road towing capacity (when properly equipped) – 6,700 pounds
In addition, you can look forward to the following payload capacities:
- Tacoma SR and SR5 payload capacity – 1,685 pounds
- Tacoma TRD Sport payload capacity – 1,525 pounds
- Tacoma TRD Off-Road payload capacity – 1,395 pounds
Toyota Tacoma Engines
Towing capacity of the Toyota Tacoma is further enhanced by the strong engine configurations that are available in all four Tacoma trims.
Each engine delivers exciting, energetic performance that will keep you moving forward with your tasks quickly and efficiently. Check out the various engine options for Tacoma now:
2.7L DOHC 4-cylinder engine ( Tacoma SR, SR5)
- 159 horsepower
- 180 lb-ft torque
3.5 L V6 Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle engine ( Tacoma TRD Sport or Off-Road).
- 278 horsepower
- 265 lb-ft torque
3.5 L V6 DOHC Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle engine ( Tacoma TRD Sport & Off-Road).
- 278 horsepower
- 265 lb-ft torque
Toyota Tacoma Performance Features
To ensure safe and secure towing, the 2021 Tacoma’s towing capacity can be supported by a variety of advanced safety, performance, and driver-assist technologies. These include:
- Electronically controlled locking rear differential ( Off-Road).
- Tuned suspension with Bilstein(r), shocks ( Off-Road).
- Sport-tuned suspension ( Off-Road Sport).
- Front suspension with coil-spring double-wishbone coil
- Toyota Safety Sense
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Variable-assist power rack and pinion steering
- Six-speed standard Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission with Intelligence (ECT-i).
Toyota Tacoma Tow Package
Toyota Tacoma’s tow package features a range of features that will allow you to push the 6,800-pound capacity to tow vehicle and still transport your cargo through Los Alamos. The Toyota Tacoma Tow Package includes:
- Trailer-Sway Control
- Batteries for heavy duty
- 130-amp alternator
- Cooler for engine oil
- Transmission cooler
- The bumper’s three-piece body houses a 4/7-pin connector.
- A class IV receiver hitch combined with trailing wiring
What Can You Tow With a Toyota Tacoma?
- Jet skis and PWCs are lightweight and small. The 2021 Tacoma SR is capable of towing a Sea-Doo SPARK 3up (41 pounds), Yamaha VX Cruiser HO (767lbs), or FX Cruiser HO full (838lbs).
- One of three two-seater boats is available for anglers who are looking to fish largemouth bass in Ohio. The Ranger Z175 (1.250 pounds), Nitro Z18 (1.700 pounds) or the Sea Hunt Triton (2.150 pounds).
- Deck boats are great for fishing parties and can be as heavy as 1,680 pounds (lower end) or 3,375 pounds (premium brands). Most Tacoma trims should not have any issues with these pontoons.
- Ski boats can be difficult to handle. The Supra Comp TS6M 1989 weighs 2,350 pounds, while the Malibu Wekesettler weighs 4,650. If you choose a larger fishing barge, you may be limiting your Tacoma’s trailering capabilities.
Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity FAQs
HOW MUCH CAN 2021 Tacoma pull?
What size camper can a 2021 Tacoma pull?
Toyota Tacomas currently have towing capacities of 3,500 lbs. To 6,800 lbs. This is quite a wide range, covering many different types, sizes, and types of campers.
What is included in Tacoma towing package?
To achieve maximum Toyota Tacoma towing weight of 6,800 pounds, you will need the Tow Package. This package includes: A Class IV receiver hitch with trailer wiring. A 4-pin connector that fits neatly within the three-piece bumper