- 1 2022 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 2 2022 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity: Performance Specs
- 3 What You Can Tow with the Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity?
- 4 2022 Toyota Tundra Tow Package
- 5 2021 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 6 2021 Toyota Tundra Tow Package & Performance Specs
- 7 2020 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 8 2019 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 9 2019 Toyota Tundra Tow & Payload Capacity
- 10 2018 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 11 2017 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 12 2016 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- 13 Toyota Review
- 14 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity FAQs
2022 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
Its Toyota Tundra towing capacity varies according to trim, cab size and drivetrain as well as bed dimensions. For the highest 8,300 to 12,000 lbs-pound towing capability, go on Tundra SR5.
Tundra SR5 with the 4×2 drivetrain and Double Cab and a 6.5-foot bed. Here’s how towing capacity differs according to trimming:
What is the Towing Capacity of a Toyota Tundra?
- Tundra SR – 8,300 pounds
- Tundra SR5 – 12,000 pounds (4×2 Double Cab w/6.5 ft. bed)
- Tundra Limited – 11,400 pounds
- Tundra Platinum – 11,310 pounds
- Tundra 1794 Edition – 11,310 pounds
- Tundra TRD Pro – 11,175 pounds
- Tundra Capstone – 10,340 pounds
2022 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity: Performance Specs
Once you’ve figured out what the towing capacity of the Toyota Tundra is, you’re probably wondering how the towing power can be achieved.
The incredible performance power is based exclusively on the fierce I-FORCE 3.5L Twin-Turbo V6 engine.
But there’s more than this powerful engine choice available when you buy the 2022 Toyota Tundra. Check out the entire options of engine specifications and alternatives below:
i-FORCE 3.5L Twin-Turbo V6 Engine
- 348 hp (i-FORCE 3.5L)
- 405 lb-ft of Torque (i-FORCE 3.5L)
i-FORCE MAX Powertrain
- 437 hp (i-FORCE MAX)
- 584 lb-ft of Torque (i-FORCE MAX)
What You Can Tow with the Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity?
What tows can you pull using that 12,000-pound Toyota Tundra towing capacity? The main question is what else can you tow using it? Here’s a list of some of the things you could tow on Burlington roads: Burlington roads:
How Much You Are Able to Tow With Toyota Tundra Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
- Camper with a single axle
- Bass boat
- Small Sailboat
- Medium Sailboat
- Some Large Sailboats
- Horse Trailer
- Jet skis
- Dump trailer
- Large travel trailer
2022 Toyota Tundra Tow Package
If you’re looking to improve your brand-new pickup truck then the Toyota Tundra towing package is accessible for Elizabethtown drivers. Find out more about the amazing features that you can avail by upgrading your already powerful Tundra:
- Downhill Assist Control (DAC)
- Crawl Control (CRAWL)
- Multi-Terrain Select (MTS)
- Multi-Terrain Monitor (MTM) with selectable Front Side, Rear, and Front Views
- Load-Leveling Rear Height Control Air Suspension
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) System
- TOW/HAUL Driving Modes
- Class-IV Towing Hitch Receiver
- Wiring Harness Harness with 7-Pin Connector
- Toyota Tundra Tow Mirrors
- And Plenty More!
2021 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
That being said what is the maximum amount the Toyota Tundra tow? Its 2021 Toyota Tundra towing capacity can be as high as 10,200 pounds if properly fitted.
This isn’t all it’s also worth noting that the newly released Toyota Tundra payload capacity is equally impressive, with a limits of up to 1,730 pounds.
- 2021 Tundra SR5 Towing Capacity – 10,100 pounds
- 2021 Tundra Limited Towing Capacity – 10,100 pounds
- 2021 Tundra Platinum Towing Capacity – 9,400 pounds
|Towing capacity||Payload capacity|
|4×2 Double Cab||10,200 pounds||1,600-1,730 pounds|
|4×2 CrewMax||10,100 pounds||1,560-1,660 pounds|
|4×4 Double Cab||9,900 pounds||1,490-1,630 pounds|
|4×3 CrewMax||9,800 pounds||1,440-1,560 pounds|
2021 Toyota Tundra Tow Package & Performance Specs
The Toyota Tundra towing package’s performance is driven through the the i-FORCE 5.7L V8 engine that is coupled with an amazing 6-speed auto transmission and produces 381 horsepower with up to 400 pounds of torque.
Learn about the many features that you’ll discover in the newly-designed Toyota Tundra tow package below:
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller/Trailer-Sway Control: These systems let you control the amount of trailer braking and can apply the brakes when trailer sway is detected.
- TOW/HAUL Mode as well as the 4-/7-Pin ConnectorWith the connector with 4-/7-pins allows you to pull heavier objects with ease, since the system automatically holds lower gears for longerand improves throttle response, and more.
- Toyota Tundra Tow MirrorsAvailable in the form of accessories Toyota Tundra tow mirrors for the passenger side as well as the driver side allow you to monitor your goods.
2020 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
2020 Toyota Tundra towing capacity is between 8,800 to 10200 pounds. Also, it comes with an payload capacity of 1,730 to 1,520 pounds. Alongside the Tundra engine
The 310 horsepower, 4.6-liter V-8 engine has been removed to leave the 381-hp 5.7-liter V-8 to be the primary engine.
The standard equipment on all 2020 Tundras are the Class IV hitch for trailers, as well as a controller for the brakes on trailers.
The top tow rating of the new 2020 Tundra 10200 pounds for the double-wheel drive cab that has the 6.5-foot bed available in SR and SR5 trims.
The second-highest is 10,100 pounds, which is available in four different configurations limited 2-WD double cab, which has bed of 6.5-foot bed SR and SR5 2-WD cab with an 8.1-foot bed along with the SR5 2WD crewMax with an 5.5-foot bed.
The third-highest rating is 9,900 pounds for the SR the SR5, 5 as well as the TRD Pro 4WD double cab with the 6.5-foot bed.
2019 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
How much towing power is there in the Toyota Tundra? It is dependent upon the trim as well as the equipment. It is based on trim and equipment.
2019 Toyota Tundra towing capacity is 6,400 – 10200 pounds. As impressively it is the Tundra payload ranges from 1,440 to 1,730 pounds.
Furthermore, it’s equipped with various features including a tow kit and specific side mirrors that assist you in towing effectively and safely.
2019 Toyota Tundra Tow & Payload Capacity
The payload and towing capacity for each trim level of Tundra in Toyota Tundra for the year Toyota Tundra will depend on the type of engine you select the cabin size, cabin size and bed length and also your choice between 4×2 and 4×4. The table below shows the capacity ranges for every trim level.
|Engine trim||Towing capacity||Payload capacity|
|Tundra SR||6,500 – 10,200 lbs||1,490 – 1,730 lbs|
|Tundra SR5||6,400 – 10,200 lbs||1,600 – 1,660 lbs|
|Tundra Limited||8,800 – 10,100 lbs||1,520 – 1,660 lbs|
|Tundra TRD Pro||9,200 lbs||1,560 lbs|
|Tundra Platinum||8,800 – 9,400 lbs||1,530 – 1,620 lbs|
|Tundra 1794 Edition||8,800 – 9,400 lbs||1,530 – 1,620 lbs|
Toyota Tundra Engines
What are those engines which make this possible? It’s the Toyota Tundra is available to buyers in the target_city 3% with two options for engines. Here’s a more detailed glance at their specifications:
- I-FORCE 4.6L V8 Engine that is coupled with a 6-speed auto motor, the engine produces 327 Lb-ft of torque.
- I-FORCE 5.7L V8 Engine The engine is also equipped with a 6-speed auto, which produces 381 hp and 401 lb-ft torque. It includes an Tow Package which comes with an additional engine, as well as Transmission oil coolers. The engine you require for towing 10,200 pounds.
2018 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
Tundra for 2018 Toyota Tundra offers a maximum towing capacity of 10,200 lbs. when equipped with the 5.7-liter V8 engine.
When the 2018 Tundra is powered by the 4.8-liter V8 engine, it can tow up to 6,800 pounds .The Tundra of 2018 Tundra has a range of different designs and trims with different towing capacities.
The outstanding towing capabilities of the Tundra in the year 2018 Tundra is the direct result of the pickup’s structure and the various engine options that are available.
2018 Toyota Tundra 4.6L i-FORCE V8 engine
- 327 pounds of torque
- Rating for payload: 1,600 lbs.
- Towing capacity 6,800 lb.
2018 Toyota Tundra 5.7L i-FORCE V8
- 400 lb-ft of torque
- Rating for payload: 1,600 lbs.
- The towing capability is 10,100 pounds.
2017 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
The 2017 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity between 6,400 to 10,300 pounds
The Tundra is available with a option of two I-FORCE engines, a powerful 5.7L V8 or a more powerful 4.6L V8. Both engines come with Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (Dual Independent VVT-i) which monitors the airflow in the engine.
Additionally, each engine is connected to a six-speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission (ECT-i). intelligent (ECT-i). Depending on the engine or package preference The Tundra will pull anything between 6,400 to 10,300 pounds.
To get the best towing performance opt for an engine that is 5.7L V8 long Bed Tundra with the standard Tow Package that can tow up to 10,500 pounds!
Powertrains and MPG Ratings
Orange as well as Westminster drivers can count on an extensive selection of motors from Tundra model, and this year’s Tundra models bolsters the truck’s popularity by having two top-of-the-line engines.
- I-FORCE 4.6L V8: Benefits from Double Overhead Cams with the head has 32 valves, as well as the dual Independent variable valve timing, which has the intelligent technology to produce up to 310 horsepower as well as 327 lb.-ft. of torque.
- The i-FORCE 5.7L V8: Upgrade your Tundra to provide 381 horsepower and the capacity of 401 lb.-ft. in torque. A huge 10.5-inch ring gear is utilized to increase the torque available.
Both engines are equipped with a 6-speed automated transmission, and the performance is rated at 15 mpg in city, and 19 mpg on highway use
2016 Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity
The Tundra comes with two different engines It’s an engine 5.7-liter V-8 that offers the strongest towing power and the most power.
Its 2016 Toyota Tundra 4×2 Regular Cab Long Bed can efficiently tow up to 10,000 pounds. The Tundra’s other six trim levels with 2x2 bed and cab configurations can carry up to 10,000 pounds if properly equipped. There’s no shortage of power for hauling in the Tundra.
Tundra Powertrains and Towing Features
Before you look into towing and payload amounts It is essential to look at the features of the powertrain which are the main driver behind these numbers.
Only powered by V-8 engines, Toyota Tundra models generate explosive power which results in Heruclean payingload and towing figures.
The base Toyota Tundra models feature a standard 310 horsepower 4.6-liter V-8 engine that is equipped to pull 6,800 pounds and an maximum payload of 1,585 pounds.
If you’re looking for more power with the 381 horsepower 5.7-liter V-8 has a maximum weight towing of 10,000 pounds, and a the maximum payload is 2,060 pounds.
Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity FAQs
Which Toyota Tundra is best for towing?
The most suitable Toyota Tundra for towing depends on your requirements. In 2021, the Toyota Tundra can tow between 8,800 and 10,200 pounds. However, it could be more than you’ll need. If your car can tow more than what you require it to however, it doesn’t mean that it’s the right new truck for you. The rear-wheel drive Tundra SR and SR5 typically provide the towing capabilities that the majority of drivers require.
What does the Toyota Tundra tow package include?
If you’re looking to increase Toyota Tundra’s Toyota Tundra towing capacity, then you’re interested in the features offered by the tow package of the brand new Toyota Tundra. The following features will help you hook up and pull out easily with a 102 towing hitch receiver and a TOW/HAUL Mode Switch, integrated the Trailer Brake Controller (ITBC), 4.300 rear axle ratio, 170-amp alternator 4-/7-pin connector and an 92-volt battery for heavy-duty use
How much will a Toyota Tundra pull?
But, one of the most striking aspects of the new Tundra is its towing capacity. What is the capacity towing that is available in Tundra? Toyota Tundra? It is said that the Tundra is capable of towing up to 10200 pounds provided it has the right specs.
Do Toyota Tundras get good gas mileage?
If equipped with an iFORCE MAX 3.5L twin-turbo V6 hybrid engine The Toyota Tundra MPG maxes out at 18 MPG in the city and 24 MPG on the highway. This is more than acceptable for a truck equipped with a motor that can haul up to 12,000 pounds. That’s remarkable enough to bring about significant savings in fuel consumption in the long run.